Just read Implementing Beyond Budget from Bjarte Bosgnes (great book I strongly recommend you, specially if you are managing budgets or people) and I want to leave with you some of the ideas I found about leadership:
- We need more Leadership and less Management – people are hungry for good leadership: direction, inspiration and support
- Good leaders should create: clarity, capability and commitment – they need to give the direction on which mountain to climb, and then the ability & wish to get there
- Leadership must be built ON and not against human Nature
- Do not make a rule based on the exception- The strategy seems to be Preventive Control on all People, rather than Damage control on the few people that break the trust.
- Transparency is the new control system (and this is why thieves operate during night)
There’s this old Chinese saying:
If you want to travel fast- travel alone; If you want to travel far – travel together.
And for Baseball lovers, Yogi Berra used to say:
“Future just ain’t what it used to be”
Take a break and think about this.